Rush.edu Review:Rush University Medical Center: Top US & Chicago Hospital - Named a top US hospital by US News and World Report, Rush University Medical Center remains one of Chicago's finest and highest ranked hospitals & medical centers.
Country: North America, US, United States
City: 60612 Chicago, Illinois
- Ali Marsh - Buy Dyson DC44 hands down vs Hoover Linx!!!!I, like many, was debating on purchasing the Dyson DC44 vs the Hoover Linx. There are multiple reviews going both ways on both products. So I decided to purchase both and do my own reviews and testing. The Dyson DC44 won HANDS DOWN!!!! I crumbled crackers and spread them out on my rug that I have under our kitchen table. It is a berber type rug with a design so it has various levels. The Hoover, with multiple passes, left quite a few crumbs on the rug that it simply would not pick up. The Dyson sucked all the crumbs up in 2 passes on the lowest setting! I do believe this is due to the bristles located on the brush of the vacuum. The dyson bristles are very rigid and hard while the Hoover bristles are a lot softer. This probably allows the Dyson to pick up the crumbs easier and faster. Now I do have to admit, both vacuums performed equal on my hard floors. They both picked up crumbs with ease and were able to get close to the edge as well. I do like the maneuverability of the Dyson due to its ball technology. The hoover does swivel a little but not near as much as the Dyson does. I did the cracker crumb test on regular carpet as well and they seemed to perform pretty equal on that. However, with the tougher bristles I have to believe that the Dyson will be able to pick up deeper imbedded dust and debris, not just surface level cracker crumbs. So, if you are looking solely for hard floor pickups, I would have probably kept the Hoover for its cheaper price point. However- the swivel action of the Dyson is nice for that too. For my purposes using it on hard floors, rugs and carpets- I can justify the price difference on the Dyson because of the way it performed, not to mention the various attachments and its use as a handvac as well!
- pb_bay - Can see the new hairs growing inI had experienced hair loss after having a child about 6 months after birth and it was quite noticeable at my hair line. My ponytail got so much smaller in diameter. 2 years later, I haven't fully recovered all the hair loss, but little by little. I bought this to see if it would help but did not try it that frequently. Recently, however, I started to apply it at my widows peak and temples where there was hardly any hair left at all and about 2 weeks later, i have a lot of 2 in long baby hairs in both locations. I know they say that the hair loss is just because your body is catching up to all the hair you did not lose during your pregnancy, but I am skeptical about that. My doctor said that I would have had a thinning hair problem irregardless of having a baby, but I really disagree with this. I had very thick hair all my life and even did Accutane and survived that crazy hair loss without any noticeable thinning on my scalp (and that was a lot of hair loss). The hair loss with pregnancy I experienced was unreal! I intend to continue using this and hope that I can get my full head of hair back soon! On a side note, I did ask my doctor about how to try to avoid the hair loss if I have another baby and she said that if I go back onto hormonal BC after 3 months of nursing, that will definitely help. It's the lack of the pregnancy hormones that signals your body to start shedding. And most moms go off of any hormonal birth control indefinitely because they are nursing. But my doctor said that it is safe to go back on after 3 months. I intend to try this the next time around and see if this can also prevent hair loss.
- Katrina - On Switch?I'm having a difficult time finding the ON-OFF switch.
I purchased this product about 6 months ago and have turned it upside down, right side up, and every which way imaginable.
I may have a faulty product.
It looks JUST like the one in the advertisement but unfortunately I can't turn it on.
If there is a hidden switch and I'm just missing it please let me know.
To date, I have allowed about 400 bananas to go to waste.
I buy them in the hopes I will be able to use the banana slicer but it just sits there, flacid, and useless.
- Castle Rocker - Has Already Impacted My LifeThis book is a must read for all long-term couples. It challenged many assumptions I had regarding love and desire and I knew half way through that I had a choice on whether I would allow his teaching to change my life. There are few books that have truly altered the quality of my existence and this is one of them.
- Willie Owens - Sade is phenomenal!I actually attended her last U.S. tour concert in Ontario, CA last year on September 4, 2011, where the stage scenes where filmed for this DVD. I was not disappointed in the production, however ain't nothing like the real thing. It was a close to live as possible and I still get chills when I replay the concert. Simply amazing!